Raymarine T2/12v Long Shaft Mechanical Linear
For technical advice, product information or to organise an installation, please register an enquiry about this product.
Raymarine Mechanical Linear T2/12v Long Shaft
The Raymarine mechanical linear drive is the most commonly used drive types for sailing vessels and provides powerful thrust, fast hard-over times and quiet operation. Mounted below decks, the linear drive moves the rudder directly by pushing the tiller arm or a rudder quadrant. A linear drive unit connects to the rudder stock via an independent tiller arm. Accessory fittings from your steering manufacturer may be required. Must be able to back-drive steering system from the rudder.
- Low backdrive force, to minimize the drive’s effect on the boat’s steering when the autopilot is in standby
- A powerful electric motor controlled by an electromagnetic fail-safe clutch, using a high tensile belt drive and epicyclic gearbox
- High performance for minimum current consumption
- Maximum boat displacement - 20,000 kg (44,000 lb)
- Peak thrust - 480 kg (1,050 lb)
- Maximum stroke - 400 mm (16")
- Hard-over to hard-over times - 14 seconds
- Maximum rudder torque - 1,660 nm (14,700 lb.in)
- Power consumption - 48-72 W
- Corepack used - SPX-30