VHF 200i Marine Receiver
For technical advice, product information or to organise an installation, please register an enquiry about this product.
The Garmin VHF 200i marine receiver provides radio communication and features intuitive design to enhance convenience and safety to mariners worldwide. The VHF 200i comes standard with a two-way hailer system and also is NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000® compliant to offer greater onboard flexibility and functionality.
With up to 25 watts of transmit power at your fingertips, you’ll be able to stay in touch anywhere on the water. The VHF 200i comes standard with a removable speaker microphone and a built-in 20-watt public address (hailer) system that can be connected to a hailer horn or external speaker on the deck or tower. The VHF 200i also supports one wired GHS 10 hand-set microphone that allows full radio control from a remote location. So no matter where you are or where you’re heading, you’ll always have a line of communication open to make sure every voyage is a safer voyage.
The Garmin VHF 200i provides full Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) capability via NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 connectivity. Should trouble arise, DSC provides distress calls with the push of a button. And if your boat already is interfaced with a compatible GPS chartplotter, you’ll get mayday signaling and a digital broadcast of your boat’s position. The VHF 200i also features Position Tracking, which allows a mariner to locate and keep tabs on up to three other boats in the area.
The VHF 200i has a simple user interface that’s easy to read while on the go, so you’ll always have the right information at the right time. In addition to dedicated buttons and knobs for ease of use, the VHF 200i features three soft keys linked to onscreen menus that allow boaters to see and select the information they want. The VHF 200i also offers premium sound quality so every message is loud and clear. And to make sure the data stands out, the information is available on a 3.2" (8.13 cm) display – the largest screen available in its class.
The VHF 200i is ready to take on the elements. And to simplify the installation process, it also can be mounted in a variety of configurations. With removable front caps, the VHF 200i can be easily added in cockpit consoles or cabin bulkheads. It’s the only front flush-mounting capable marine radio available on the market today, which makes the VHF 200i as flexible as it is functional. It’s made to last with rugged design that’s also submersible (IPX7 standards), so you’ll get a full-featured marine receiver that’s ready to go in a compact fixed-mount design.
- Unit Dimensions, WxHxD: Flush-Mounted: 7.16 x 3.86 x 6.42" (18.2 x 9.8 x 16.3 cm);
- Unit Dimensions, WxHxD: Bracket-Mounted: 7.56 x 4.65 x 6.42" (19.2 x 11.8 x 16.3 cm)
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Temperature Range: from 14ºF to 122ºF (from -10ºC to 50ºC)
- Compass-safe Distance: 20 in. (500 mm)
- Speaker Microphone Audio Power: 94 dBA
- Digital Selective Calling: Class D
- Frequency Bands: All USA, Canadian, and International marine channels; 10 NOAA weather channels
- Operating Voltage: 12.0 Vdc
- Current Drain: Standby: 350 mA; Receive: 600 mA; Transmit: 6.0 A at HI power (25 W); 2.0 A at LO power (1 W)
- Hailer Output Power: 20 W at 4 Ω
- Hailer and Foghorn Output: 20 W with automatic and manual foghorn signals and adjustable, base fog frequencies
- Transmitter Output (at 13.6 Vdc): 25 W (HI); 1 W (LO)
- Frequency Range: 156.050 MHz to 163.275 MHz (including WX channels)